Mount Elgon Trust & Elimu Mount Elgon asked MWMarchitecture to travel to Mount Elgon in the fall of 2011, with the purpose of measuring the grounds and creating a sketch. The plan was to build approximately 15 projects in the next 5 years, on this relatively small area. To be able to prevent problems arising at an early stage, a masterplan was designed including the infrastructure for future projects.
Since the development of this plan, a lot has changed, but the basis has remained the same. To see the original plan, click below.
Mount Elgon (Kenya)
Mount Elgon Trust & Elimu Mount Elgon
02 | 2011
– High School (300-500 students)
– Boarding school girls (first phase 48 children, second phase 100 children)
– Boarding school boys (first phase 48 children, second phase 100 children)
– Technical school (first phase 500 students, second phase 750 students, third phase 1000 students)
– Teachers Houses (12 double houses)
– Housing priests
– Housing nuns
– House for children with a disability
– Guest house
– Trees Nursery